OAS Academic Scholarships are awarded for full-time studies at any university in an OAS Member State, with the exception of the applicant’s sponsoring country.
OAS Scholarships awarded for undergraduate studies, should be framed within the eight (8) OAS priority areas:
- Social Development and the Creation of Productive Employment
- Economic Diversification and Integration, Trade liberization, and Market Access
- Scientific Development and Exchange and Transfer of Technology
- Strengthening of Democratic Institutions
- Sustainable Development of Tourism
- Sustainable Development and the Environment
The OAS does not award scholarships for studies in the Medical Sciences and the learning of new languages.
- Program name: Organization of American States (OAS) Regular Program for Academic Scholarships (Graduate)
- Funding organization: Organization of American States (OAS)
- Value: up to $30,000 per academic year;
- Duration: 12-24 months;
Types of Academic Scholarships:
Applicants seek their own admission at any university within the OAS Member States.
The student must:
- be enrolled in the program of study and be eligible to graduate within 2 academic years from the date of the award, or
- be accepted into the university for the last two years of the undergraduate degree (admission letter must state that the applicant will complete the program of studies within 2 academic years).
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of an English speaking Caribbean Member States or Suriname – See OAS Member States.
- Have completed the first two (2) years of the Undergraduate degree, or have an Associate’s degree.
- Have a GPA above the minimum standard required by the university.
- Be in good physical and mental health to complete the program successfully.
- Online Application Form
- Copy of the Associate’s diploma, if applicable. For those candidates already enrolled in the bachelor’s program, copy of the high school diploma.
- Copy of the Associate’s degree transcripts, if applicable. For those candidates already enrolled in the Bachelor’s degree program, latest transcripts from the current program of study.
- Three (3) recommendation letters: Preferably two (2) different letters from current or former professors using the OAS Recommendation Statement Form, and one (1 ) from a current or previous employer using the Employer Recommendation Form. Recommendation letters from relatives WILL NOT not be accepted.
- Curriculum Vitae. (a maximum of four (4) pages)
- Unconditional Admission letter (s) to university (ies).
For more information check http://www.oas.org/en/scholarships/specaf_2016.asp